We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 5, 2016
Understand the Pluses and Problems of Dental Bridges
Are dental bridges the right way for you to replace missing teeth? Find out the truth about this tooth replacement option.
The Perks of Dental Bridges
Millions of people choose dental bridges to replace their missing teeth. This has made them a common dental care option for fully restoring a smile. Dental bridges involve placing two crowns around the gap created by missing teeth that serve as anchors for the replacement teeth filling in the gap. Dental bridges offer a number of benefits, including:
- Lower cost than dental implants, particularly if you need to have multiple replaced.
- Does not require grafting to strengthen receded bone structure.
- Can be placed in a single visit to your dental care clinic if all the teeth requiring replacement are already lost or extracted.
The Problems with Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer a number of benefits, but there are also some shortcomings. You must know both the good and the bad before choosing dental bridges. The drawbacks include:
- Since dental bridges don’t replace the roots in the bone of missing teeth, this can cause your gums and bones to recede in the future and require corrective treatments from an affordable dentist.
- Dental bridges require crowns on the adjacent teeth for support, which can damage the natural tooth structure and put undue pressure on these healthy teeth.
- You must replace dental bridges every 10 to 15 years, which can be costly over time, even with an affordable dentist.
To know if dental bridges are right for your needs, discuss these factors with your dentist to make the best dental decision.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Rockefeller Plaza, call Richard L. Rausch, DDS today at (646) 863-8184 or make an appointment.
Richard L. Rausch, DDS offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Rockefeller Plaza. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Richard L. Rausch, DDS, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Richard L. Rausch, DDS.